Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
This collection contains an ongoing inventory of all accolades in HQB's possession. Some accolades were given by HQB to various community members, some were given to HQB, and some accolades were given to individuals who kindly donated their awards to HQBCA.
Records from Deborah "Debbie" Montgomery, Saint Paul's first female police officer.
This collection includes photographic slides relating to events held at various community and service centers in the Twin Cities.
This completely digital collection includes two union booklets belonging to a man named MA Finney in 1936 and 1938, respectively. This collection also includes a business card from a hair and beauty salon run by black entrepreneur, Lola Mae Vassar Finney.
This collection includes one (1) scrapbook which previously belonged to a member of the Golden Agers Club at Hallie Q. Brown Community Center. This scrapbook contains mostly newspaper clippings, with some photographs, correspondence, and general biographical works.
This collection includes one (1) scrapbook which previously belonged to a member of the Golden Agers Club at Hallie Q. Brown Community Center. This scrapbook contains mostly newspaper clippings and photographs, correspondence, and general biographical works.
This collection contains administrative records of enduring historical value which originates or relates to Hallie Q. Brown Community Center (formerly, Hallie Q. Brown Community House). This includes financial documents, non-financial reports, correspondence, speeches, and other organizaional ephemera. Also included are documents which are external to the orginization, but are connected to the community which HQB serves.
Two letter-size folders containing materials from HQB News, a newsletter which operated in conjunction with Hallie Q. Brown Community Center and the MLK Center. Materials mostly include halftones and graphics for newsprint/newsletters; photographs; correspondence. This collection is currently under revision as materials are identified as belonging to this collection.
- Hallie Q. Brown Community House (553 Aurora Ave) 8
- Historic Rondo Neighborhood 8
- Community activists 7
- Clubs 5
- Children 4
- African American educators 3
- African American teachers and the community 3
- Early childhood educators 3
- Journalism 3
- Minnesota (state) 3
- Religion 3
- African American photographers 2
- African American women 2
- Music 2
- Police, Black 2
- Saint Paul, MN (City) 2
- Sports 2
- Twin Cities (Minn.) 2
- African American business enterprises 1
- African American college students 1
- African American soldiers 1
- Apartheid--South Africa 1
- Athletic clubs 1
- Community health services 1
- East Indians--South Africa 1
- Interracial marriage--Law and legislation 1
- Labor Unions 1
- Motion picture film 1
- Paris, France 1
- Performance Art 1
- Photography--Printing processes--Albumen 1
- Photography--printing processes--tintype 1
- Police 1
- Portrait photography 1
- Press 1
- Race discrimination--Law and legislation--South Africa 1
- Sound Recording Industry 1
- Sound Recordings 1
- South Africa 1
- Theater 1
- Travel 1
- Travel photography 1 ∧ less
- Afrikaans 1
- Xhosa 1
- Zulu 1
- Hallie Q. Brown Community Center, Inc.. The King Center 11
- Magnificent Golden Agers, The (270 N. Kent St., St. Paul, MN) 2
- Pilgrim Baptist Church (732 Central Ave W., Saint Paul, MN) 2
- University of Minnesota 2
- H. Janabelle Murphy Taylor (1920-2009) 1
- Henry M. Smith 1
- James Edgar Murphy (August 8, 1875-October 29, 1940) 1
- Murphy-Taylor Family 1 ∧ less